Planview Partners with Market Leaders to Advance PPM Category and Fuel Innovation in Enterprise-Wide Portfolio Management
Planview Enterprise 10.4 leverages deep customer relationships to advance capabilities and meet accelerating demand for portfolio management across key enterprise solution areas
Austin, TX — February 15, 2012 — In the latest release of Planview Enterprise®, Planview® is delivering a broad range of innovative capabilities that advance the portfolio and project management (PPM) category as an enterprise-wide solution.
With the accelerating use of portfolio management across enterprise functions, Planview approached this release as a collaboration with its customers in product development, services delivery, corporate finance and IT. The result is a product release that is fine-tuned across the breadth of portfolio management application areas.
The new release continues the Planview track record of delivering leading PPM solutions across the enterprise to improve companies' capacity to innovate, operate more efficiently and maximize the value they deliver to their customers.
Planview Enterprise 10.4 features 320 customer-driven enhancements designed to support decision making and improve user experience to create a new level of maturity in portfolio management. The new release's features strengthen the platform's planning and execution core while advancing the functional solutions designed to meet the unique needs of various enterprise organizations.
"A year ago, we formalized our strategy -- reinforced by industry analysts -- to focus on the expanding role of portfolio management across the enterprise. We've been working with enterprise customers who are global leaders in product development, services delivery, corporate finance and IT to push forward our solution-area offerings as well as the core platform," said Patrick Tickle, executive vice president of products, Planview. "Our goal is to ensure Planview Enterprise continues to lead the PPM market as the most advanced offering available. This is part of our strategy to always be ready to meet the business-critical needs of customers leveraging portfolio management to optimize their businesses."
Planview Enterprise 10.4 Solution Area Highlights Include:
- For Product Development: The new release helps product development leaders better manage and communicate the product roadmap, with enhanced interactive roadmapping capabilities and improved release management support. Additionally, Planview Enterprise 10.4 includes enhancements around automating the product lifecycle, new product pipeline analytics, deeper ideation management integration to strengthen the end-to-end management of the product portfolio.
Planview customers that helped drive these requirements, and more, for product development include Flowserve Corporation and Silicon Image.
- For Services Delivery: At the core of services delivery organizations is effective resource management and forecasting. Planview Enterprise 10.4 simplifies staffing processes, making it easier to balance resources and help managers quickly deploy the right people to the right projects. Key usability enhancements empower managers to easily shift and deploy people to the highest-opportunity projects. These resource management enhancements will be leveraged across all solution areas, to increase the effectiveness of the planning and execution capabilities of the platform as a whole.
Planview customers including PAREXEL International, SunGard Global Services and Tieto Corporation were instrumental in defining these capabilities.
- For Corporate Finance: A recent study from the Financial Executives Research Foundation reveals the inefficiencies, complexities and inherent risks of current, long-range investment planning processes. Planview Enterprise 10.4 delivers a broad set of enhancements to the usability, functionality and configurability of investment planning that speak directly to the needs of senior financial executives, planners and analysts. With more breadth and depth, this solution complements traditional budgeting processes to strengthen investment planning processes, as well as improving downstream performance monitoring of the investment portfolio.
Education Management Corporation and NASCO provided significant input to aid Planview in development of these enhancements.
- For IT: Building on Gartner's research regarding integrated portfolio analysis, Planview Enterprise 10.4 delivers enhancements in the area of Application Portfolio Management (APM). Improved navigation, advanced roadmapping, and support and analytics for Gartner's TIME (Tolerate, Invest, Migrate, Eliminate) model are included in this release. By optimizing the application portfolio, IT leaders can improve the utilization of their limited resources.
In addition, the resource management and investment planning enhancements in Planview Enterprise 10.4 are important for IT customers. Planview partnered with companies including Ashley Furniture and other IT customers to define the requirements for these features.
"The ability to collaborate with Planview in the development of this release is resulting in a solution that will improve our ability to manage our project and resource portfolios," said Robert White, vice president and CIO, Ashley Furniture. "The enhancements in Planview Enterprise 10.4 will streamline our process and increase efficiency on the things we do every day. We're excited about rolling out the new release to our user community."
Continued Investment in Business Analytics
As the window into any business application, analytics represents the vehicle for improved decision making. Analytics represents the largest area of product investment within Planview Enterprise, and this release brings a wide-range of new analytic and reporting capabilities, further lengthening the company's market leadership in this vital area.
Analytics Enhancements in Planview Enterprise 10.4 include:
- Mobility: For the ever-increasing mobile workforce, analytics can now also be viewed on the Apple® iPad®, providing decision-makers with on-the-go access to the data they need when they need it.
- Microsoft® Outlook® Integration: Seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook enables analytics to be delivered to inboxes as easily and instantly as email.
- Collaboration: The use of enterprise social networking platforms is growing dramatically. Planview Enterprise 10.4 offers optional integration with Yammer to provide a platform for increased communication, collaboration and sharing with Planview users.
- New and enhanced analytics: All solution areas will benefit from new and enhanced analytics and reports, and executives and managers will gain fast insights with new dashboards and analytics that support core platform functionality.
Extending Planview OpenSuite to Further the PPM Ecosystem
A companion product line to Planview Enterprise, Planview OpenSuite™ is the company's approach to integrating key enterprise applications with portfolio management. In partnership with IBM, Planview has released OpenSuite integrations with IBM® Rational® Focal Point® as well as IBM® Rational® Team Concert®. Together, these products offer an advanced, end-to-end solution from portfolio planning through software development.
The Planview Product Expo
On March 7, Planview will be showcasing the many new features of Planview Enterprise 10.4 in a virtual launch event. Register for the 2012 Planview Product Expo at www.planview.com/expo, or contact market@planview.